*One update to share on something that we said on this call regarding a positive rapid test result:
If a staff member or student tests positive during the rapid testing that will take place at school, we will follow the Positive case protocol below:
- Remove the student/staff member from their pod and place him/her in isolation
- A staff member will support any student until the parent arrives. Appropriate PPE will be worn.
- Nurse will be notified
- Parent/guardian will be called to pick up the student and advise that the student must be taken to a healthcare provider for PCR test
- A quarantine will go into effect for all members of the pod with the positive case
- The standard communication for close contact to a COVID positive case will be sent to families of the impacted pod.